Sunday, January 14, 2018

Movie and a Poster 2018 #1: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

So begins my second "Year of Movies". This year I'm renaming (Now "Movie and a Poster Reviews") and adding an extra element to my reviews, original poster designs by me for each movie I see!

The very first movie I watched this year actually came out in 2017 (barely) but I didn't go see it till 2018 so I'm counting it. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle.

Pretty good! At least much better than I expected. I'm not as much of a Rock fan as most people but I do think he's entertaining more often than not and he's his usual Rock self in this. Which was totally fine. Kevin Hart is funny though some of his lines get old pretty quickly. I liked Karen Gillan's character quite a bit and this is probably the best thing I've seen Jack Black in since School of Rock.

I actually would have liked to have seen more video game mechanics incorporated into the story. I mean, if you're going to do it, go all in. Overall, a good, fun, popcorn movie, and I think a worthy successor to the original.


No comments: