Sunday, January 14, 2018

2017 Year of Movies in Review (Complete)

Here's a final list of all the movies I saw in theaters last year. 39 movies. A little less than I was hoping for but February and April were pretty weak movie months if I remember right. (Disclaimer: This is not a list best to worst, as much as it's a list of what I enjoyed to most to least. So a good movie might be towards the bottom but for whatever reason I just didn't enjoy it. Totally subjective list. If that makes any sense). 

My favorite movies last year was Hidden Figures. So well acted, directed, and a story I was not familiar with until this movie came out (and I've always loved space/nasa stuff).

My least favorite was Transformers: The Last Knight. Not necessarily the worst movie of the year but my beef is with how unoriginal it was (and the series is as a whole). How much did they spend to make this nearly 3 hour load of special effects and noise? Seems like such a waste of everyone's time and effort. The whole series could be so much more. 

1 Hidden Figures
2 Wonder Woman
3 Thor: Ragnarok
4 Star Wars: The Last Jedi
5 Logan
6 Bladerunner 2049
7 Three Billboards
8 Guardians of the Galaxy 2
9 Spider-Man: Homecoming
10 La La Land
11 Lady Bird
12 The Lego Batman Movie
13 lT
14 Victoria & Abdul
15 Baby Driver
16 War for the Planet of the Apes
17 American Made
18 Atomic Blonde
19 The Founder
20 John Wick 2
21 The Foreigner
22 Justice League
23 Happy Death Day
24 Going in Style
25 Murder on the Orient Express
26 Ghost in the Shell
27 Kong: Skull Island
28 Alien: Covenant
29 Kingsman: The Golden Circle
30 Valerian: City of 1000 Planets
31 The Dark Tower
32 Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
33 Beauty and the Beast
34 King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
35 Passengers
36 Underworld: Blood Wars
37 Resident Evil The Final Chapter
38 Just Getting Started
39 Transformers: The Last Knight

No comments: