Sunday, April 15, 2018

Movie and a Poster 2018 #14: Ready Player One.

Movie and a Poster 2018 #14: Ready Player One (I've been a little lax in postings lately so that's why you're getting a whole lot today). 

Never read the book. I liked the movie a lot. Lot's to look at and what else can you expect from Spielberg but good solid storytelling.

Kind of felt like a dated throwback to stories from the 80's, I'm assuming that was on purpose even though it's also Speilberg's natural sense of building a narrative.

Even though I liked it I'm not sure it'll be high on my list at the end of the year. I've already seen some amazing movies this year and although really good, this one didn't really surprise me a whole lot. I know that's kind of like penalizing someone who's good at their job but... well, yeah it probably is. 

For the poster, I hadn't really done any classic minimalist, iconic concepts for poster this year. There's so much going on in this film I thought it was a good excuse to pull back and do something super simple. 


No comments: